INNOVATORS. EDUCATORS. DEFENDERS. EXPLORERS.
and so much more...
With a strategic location on North America's east coast, the ocean-related focus of its universities and community college, and the depth of its science-based workforce, it’s no surprise Halifax is a world leader in ocean science and business.
Halifax is home to world-renowned ocean research institutions Dalhousie University and the Bedford Institute of Oceanography and hundreds of ocean researchers, companies and innovators who are engaged in ocean science and observation, ocean technology development, fisheries and aquaculture, shipbuilding and marine transportation, marine defence and security, and offshore and coastal energy.
- A leader in marine R&D
- A niche in marine-derived nutraceuticals and food additives
- A defence and security cluster specializing in marine applications
- A base for offshore oil & gas support services
- Competitive business costs
- Producing the talent you need
- Immigration friendly policies to attract foreign workers
- Strategic location
With 7,579 kilometres of coastline, Nova Scotia is home to more than 450 oceans-related PhDs, 200 companies and 60 high tech innovators. Learn more about what the ocean has provided us.